It is sad that people mostly believe that hair fall is only male disease, and our society has forced women to suffer in silence. Hair loss in women can be absolutely devastating for the self-image and emotional well-being of ladies. Hair fall is more acceptable while even medical community considers hair loss in women to be nonexistent. Most doctors pay little attention to women’s complaints about hair loss and essentially tell their patients that “it’s no big deal”, and that “you’ll just have to live with it.” They do not realize that the psychological damage caused by hair loss and feeling unattractive can be just as damaging as any serious disease
Dr.Shahid believes that hair loss in women is a serious life altering condition that can no longer be ignored by the medical community and society as a whole.
Under normal conditions, women have a minute fraction of the level of testosterone that men have, but even a lower level can cause DHT- triggered hair loss in women which may be normal level on blood test.
The following are the most common causes of women’s hair loss:
Androgenetic Alopecia:-The majority of women with androgenic alopecia have diffuse thinning on all areas of the scalp. Men on the other hand, rarely have diffuse thinning but instead have more distinct patterns of baldness. Some women may have a combination of two pattern types. Androgenic alopecia in women is due to the action of androgens, male hormones that are typically present in only small amounts. Androgenic alopecia can be caused by a variety of factors tied to the actions of hormones, including, ovarian cysts, the taking of high androgen index birth control pills, pregnancy, and menopause. Just like in men the hormone DHT appears to be at least partially to blame for the miniaturization of hair follicles in women suffering with female pattern baldness. Heredity plays a major factor in the disease.
- STRESS (Childbirth, malnutrition, severe infection, major surgery or even stress) about 6 weeks to 12 weeks (3 months) after stress hair fall starts.
- Chemotherapy for cancer
- Tight hairstyles Braiding, corn rows, tight ponytails, and extensions are the most common styling causes.
- Contraceptive Pills
The below battery of diagnostic tests can be helpful but not absolutely necessary, one should do common tests like Anemia, Low functioning Thyroid
Hormone levels (DHEAs, testosterone, androstenedione, prolactin, follicular stimulating hormone, and leutinizing hormone)
Total iron binding capacity (TIBC)
Thyroid stimulating hormone (T3, T4, TSH)
VDRL (a screening test for syphilis)
Women Hair Loss:-Degree of Hair Loss
As you will see in these illustrations, eight crown density images reflect a range from no hair loss to severe hair loss. Density 8 is rarely seen in clinical practice. One example of frontal anterior recession is also illustrated (again, it’s not too common), and one example of general diffuse thinning, lateral view, is shown.
NOVEL Hair Strengthening and ANTI HAIR LOSS FORMULA
developed by Dr. Shahid, consultant allergy and immunology with more than 20 years of treating cosmetic allergy and hair fall in Pakistan and UAE. He observed that both men and women are concerned about hair fall and his novel formula targets the main causes hair fall which is Androgenetic alopecia (poor scalp microcirculation, follicle ageing and follicle atrophy caused by DHT or dihydrotestosterone). DHT causes Hair follicles to become progressively smaller in diameter, shorter in length and lighter in color, leading to thinning, receding hairlines and baldness.
Our Scalp Therapy is suitable for anyone who wishes to preserve the health and vitality of their hair by blocking DHT, the hormone known to trigger hair loss. Consistent use of our Novel formula helps in reducing hair fall and rejuvenated hair growth cycles.
Testosterone converts to DHT with the aid of the enzyme Type II 5-alpha reductase, which is held in a hair follicle’s oil glands. Scientists now believe that it’s not the amount of circulating testosterone that’s the problem but the level of DHT binding to receptors in scalp follicles. DHT shrinks hair follicles, making it impossible for healthy hair to survive. It can cause baldness both in men and women. Read more Male Baldness & Female Baldness(link)
Effective for all hair types. Safe for color-treated hair.
REMEMBER: The sooner you address the signs of aging in your hair, the easier it is to achieve the thicker, fuller, healthier head of hair you want. This Signature formula suits both men and women (postmenopausal after age 40) while younger women may use our other formulations.
How it works
Scalp Therapy treats the root cause of androgenetic alopecia which is the most common form of hair loss in men and women.
- Block DHT locally before it attaches to hair follicles (Read more about DHT or Dihydrotestosterone)
- Condition and unclog scalp pores.
- Soothe existing irritation and prevent future inflammation.
- Increase scalp circulation.
- Nourish and moisturize scalp & hair to promote growth.
HOW TO USE: – separate the hair in the thinning areas with your fingers and apply 0.5ml in morning and 0.5ml in the evening directly on the scalp and rub it well. Just 2-3 drops are enough for an area the size of your palm. For a larger area of thinning use 1ml in the morning and 1ml in the evening to cover the entire scalp. Massage to distribute the serum to the surrounding areas. Leave on over-night or apply the treatment during the day leave it on the scalp for a minimum of 3 hours.
Best results when used with our ANIT HAIR FALL IMMUNO-CLEANSING SHAMPOO and ANTI-HAIRFALL IMMUNO-THICKENING CONDITIONER.
- OUR SPECIAL FORMULATION prevents and treats irritation but still if scalp irritation is a problem, you may need to avoid using on the same days that you have your hair colored or chemically treated.
- Do not use on skin that is red, painful, irritated, scraped, cut, or infected. Wash hands thoroughly after application. Avoid getting in your eyes. If this occurs, rinse your eyes with large amounts of cool water.
It takes time for hair to regrow. Most people need to use this medication regularly for 4 months to see the benefit. This may be used continuously to maintain hair growth. If your condition does not improve or worsens after using this medication for 4 to 6 months, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, discontinue it
Full Ingredient List
- COCKTAIL NOVEL PEPTIDES & Plant Stem Cells (Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16, Copper Peptide)
- CRODA Peptides for Gloss / Shine / Vibrancy, Dandruff, Hair Breakage, Hair Color Fade, Hair Loss, Hair Volume)
- Aqua (Water), Linoleic Acid, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Caffeine, Procetyl AWS, Phytesence PINK, pomelo, Minoxidil, Finasteride, Hydrolyzed Proteins, Polysorbate 20, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Extract, Tocopherol, Fragrance (Perfume), Geogard GTE, Pumpkin Seed Oil